JOY: The Journal of Yoga
Bio sheet for Veda Kovid Yogi Harinam Baba Prem C.ay. C.va. CYI
In 2003, Yogi Harinam Baba Prem has been published in the following:
· Several articles published in the By-region healer’s newsletter.
· 4 articles have been published in the Vedic Friends Journal, a scholarly journal for Vedic studies.
· NAMASTA - the trade organization for mind-body professionals.
· He has been published in the Vedic Friends Journal several times this year.
· He has just been accepted for publication next year in The International Association of Yoga Therapist Journal.
· He received the title of Veda Kovid (proficiency and knowledge of Vedic teachings).
· Acknowledged as a teacher of Jnana Yoga (One of the highest forms of yoga in India).
· Lectures around Florida.
· He is qualified to teach Vedic Yoga, one of the oldest and least understood systems of yoga in the west.
· In 2004, he has been published twice in the Indian site, Indianest.com
Yogi Harinam Baba Prem Tom Beal having completed over 4 years of study received his Diploma in Yoga Studies from the United Yoga Institute, which was located in Albuquerque, New Mexico. His focus was on Karma, Bhakti, Hatha, Raja and Kundalini yoga systems. He continued to study with his teacher Guru Deep for many years. In the late 80’s he was declared a master of Shakti and Naad yoga systems, and in 1991 was declared a master of Shakti yoga. It is common in eastern practices that while mastering the higher forms of yoga, one will master numerous other systems in the process.
He has continued with his study of eastern teachings this began with the study of Ayurveda. He has studied Ayurveda with Dr. David Frawley (Pandit Vamadeva Shastri); [http://www.vedanet.com] he is the director of the American Institute of Vedic Studies, and Dr. Vasant Lad of the Ayurvedic Institute. He has a certificate from the Ayurvedic Institute in Ayurveda and certificates for 850 hours of study in Ayurveda from the American Institute of Vedic Studies.
study has been primarily through the traditional gurukula system, which emphasizes
direct contact and guided instruction with the teacher. Such a traditional study
of Vedic knowledge is at a practitioner level and provides a level of instruction
much deeper than mere academic studies of the subject.
Veda Kovid is part of a set of traditional titles of proficiency in Vedic knowledge, which can only be received by a practical application of the Vedic system. Dr. Frawley, a recognized Vedacharya in India for many years, is one of the few people who can grant such a title that is recognized by the tradition.
He has completed 1200 hours credit of Vedic Studies through the American Institute of Vedic Studies. Resulting in the title of Veda Kovid, a title that indicates proficiency and knowledge of Vedic teachings. He is acknowledged as a Vedic counselor, Vedic educator, and to teach Vedic philosophy and Vedic Yoga. He is recognized as teaching mantras, and yoga practices in an authentic Vedic manner. He is also available to provide insight into the relationships between classical Vedic teachings and Ayurveda (Indian health science), different Yoga systems, and Vedic astrology.
He has study in Sanskrit, the ancient language of India. He is continuing his education with Sanskrit and technical aspects of the language. He has studied Jyotish (Vedic Astrology), under the guidance of Jyotish professor Dr. David Frawley, author of 30 books worldwide. He has received credit for 250 hours of study in this field.
Baba Prem has study in the following Indian sacred texts:
Rg Veda, Atharva Veda, Sama Veda, Caraka Samhita, Upanishads, various Puranas, Agamas, Tantras and many others. He also has extensive study on the myth of the Aryan invasion. This has numerous archaeological and social ramifications pertaining to world history. He has study and training in various Tantric rituals and puja programs.
· Currently Yogi Harinam Baba Prem is a guest writer and lecturer with the Vedic Friends organization. View their web site at http://www.vedicfriends.org.
· In the past he served as a Diplomat with the American Ayurvedic Association.
· He is joining NAMA, The National Ayurvedic Medical Association.
Publications, articles and CD’s
For many years he has served as the publisher and editor of the Universal Yoga newsletter, “Living Conscious”. This had a circulation of several thousand readers worldwide. Though he no longer offers this publication. Four articles have been accepted for publication in the Vedic Friends Journal from the Vedic friends organization. .
addition, he has written several books, published by Universal Yoga. Some of
his titles are:
· Understanding the Kundalini.
· Mantra: Inner Transformation through the power of sound.
· How to meditate.
· Universal Yoga: A Path to Enlightenment.
· My Journey to consciousness…so far.
· The Guru Disciple Relationship.
· The Glory of Ushas: The Spiritual Dawn.
In addition he has produced numerous CD’s. Such titles as:
The Inner Sanctuary Meditation.
· Chakra Meditation
· Navagrah! The Nine Planets. (These are mantras to balance the energies that the planets represent).
· Heaven and the Arc Line.
· The past Vol. 1 (compilation of several mantra tapes).
All titles are available via Universal Yoga.
Institutions Lectured at:
Yogi Harinam Baba Prem over the years has been invited to lectured at numerous institutions and events:
College (Winter Park, Florida)
Seminole Community College (Sanford, Florida)
Hippocrates Health Institute (West Palm Beach)
Earth Day celebrations.
Various non-denominational churches.
Taught for many years in New Mexico and the New York city/New Jersey area.
He has been interviewed in Orlando magazine. Has appeared on TV with KKOB in Albuquerque, NM. He has been featured on radio in New York, and Orlando.
For booking lectures or for a list of subjects email us at [email protected] or call 407-521-5047. Our web page is www.floridavedicinstitue.com